Wednesday, March 24, 2010

THE BIG 5

The beginning of March, Kevin and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. We treated ourselves to a couple nights at Lake Las Vegas...by ourselves. When we got there we discovered that there wasn't much to do. The Hoover Dam was only about 20 minutes away and Lake Mead was practically next door. Since neither of us had ever been there we decided to check it out. On the way we came across a  helicopter ride that we couldn't pass up. It took us over part of Lake Mead. I felt like I was on 'The Bachelor' :). We finally made it to Hoover Dam and now I can check that off my list.                         This is a bridge being built by Hoover Dam. It's crazy to see the men working so high.

Our hotelThis is Kevin killing me at Risk. Of course I didn't get a picture of me killing him the game before.

8 comments:

paigernate said...

congrats on 5 years!!! i thought maybe u were prego with twins:)looks like a fun place and that helicopter ride looks amazing. SO FUN. miss u

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

O man, I hate Risk. I get beat.. and fast.. every time!! Glad you guys enjoyed your anniversary!

DaVette said...

How exciting to go on a helicopter ride! Happy late Anniversary. Good for you for going away together! I think Shawn and I need to play more games together, he usually wins though. Miss you guys! Give Brynlee a hug for us, she sure is cute!

Janaca said...

Happy 5 Year!! That's awesome. We are celebrating ours in October. Looks like you guys had fun!

Emily said...

I can't believe how green it is! I wish it had more activities for you to do because it looks like a nice resort. I've always wanted to ride in a helicopter - I'm glad you guys got to do that!

Ovoo and Emaa said...

I remember so vividly when you two were married, so grateful for both of your choices! Glad to hear you got away for a little while - Love You!

ryantand tracya.blospot.com said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are such a cute couple. We are so excited to see you next week for Easter.

Loren and Tama said...

Happy anniversary. Looks like a lot of fun. Maybe next time you can win some money to pay for another helicopter ride. Love you guys.